Bare with me as this is the first recipe I've ever blogged about, lol.
I saw an idea on pinterest to make homemade egg mcmuffins. I decided to change it up and make mini omelets instead. My plan was to pre-make these mini omelets, put them in the fridge, and grab one every morning to take to work for breakfast. The omelets were delicious. Now did I take them every morning to work. Almost. Did I remember to eat them. Not quite. It was worth a try though. I need to learn to like breakfast! I'm good with just my coffee and an occasional granola bar. These mini omelets are perfect for a get together with friends for brunch for to make before a fun filled girls night so we don't have to scrounge around for food after a few fun drinks. Here's how I made them...
Ingredients:
9 eggs (I might have been overzealous with the eggs but basically it came out to be 1 egg for muffin hole)
1 whole green pepper, diced
1 big handful of mushrooms, diced
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag of frozen hash browns (I like the diced potatoes with onion)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. First I diced up the green pepper and mushrooms. I sprayed the square muffin tin with Pam because I am known for things sticking to pans when they shouldn't, so I erred on the side of caution. ;) I dropped a several diced peppers and mushrooms in the holes. I only decided to use 9 of the 12 holes, I didn't want to make so many. Next came the cheese. I love cheese so i put a good bit in each spot on top of the peppers and mushrooms. For the eggs, I cracked them into a large bowl and scrambled them with a fork. I like to add a little milk for extra fluff, then scrambled some more. I poured the eggs into each muffin hole almost to the brim. I was afraid they would spill over while baking if I filled them too high. Then I popped the pan into the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes. I kept checking them to see how jiggly they were before taking them out. While the mini omelets were baking, I cooked the hash browns in a skillet on the stove according to the instructions. Both the mini omelets and hash browns were done around the same time. They came out SO good. I love ketchup with my eggs and hash browns. Yummy!
I don't know why this is upside down :-\
No comments:
Post a Comment