This year the weather was pretty sucky... so rainy and gross we didn't even get to see fireworks! Huge sad face! :( Since I started dating Jay, the 4th of July weekend has been pretty special. The first year we were together, it's when Jay first told me he loved me... under the fireworks at the Buchanan Carnival. It was pretty amazing. Cheesy but so perfect. Obviously I said I loved him back, and I also cried because I have never felt so loved. Last year on this same weekend was the huge Derecho storm. It was terrible! Jay and I were at the Buchanan Carnival with the fire department raising money for one of their guys who was battling cancer. All of a sudden the biggest storm hit, out of no where! It was the worst storm I've ever experienced. Jay put me in the truck and told me not to move. I remember sitting there watching all the rides topple to the ground, the food stands being torn apart, and all these people running trying to find a safe place. Since we were with the fire department I ended running calls with Jay. It made for a longgg night but it was pretty neat to see Jay doing something he loves. Needless to say we weren't able to go back to the carnival for fireworks a couple days later... we went to a friends house instead and watched them over the mountain. This year I was hoping would be great like our first 4th together... and it was great... except for the huge monsoon! We made it to the Buchanan Carnival again and ate so.much.food. Vinegar fries, chili cheeseburgers, petros, and raspberry ice cream. Yum! We love celebrating the 4th of July together and I'm super excited for next year when we will be married! I have this whole idea in my head of hosting an awesome party with all our friends coming over and playing games, listening to music, grilling out... and decorating!
No comments:
Post a Comment