Image Map

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tuesday Topics: 2 places you've traveled

I haven't really traveled very many places. I like to travel but I'm also a homebody. I have had some really great vacations though. These are 2 places I really loved and I can't wait to go back.

1. Austin, Texas
My best friend Katie moved to Texas when we went off to college. She went to Southwestern University. Huge sad face. We were pitiful when we had to separate but the distance did nothing to our friendship. I think we are just as close now as we were in high school. Not a day goes by that we don't talk to each other, even if it's just one text a day... we still always talk. And I love it. So during college my junior and senior years I went to visit Katie in Texas. We had A BALL!! Some things we did will remain secret ;)  Katie gave me the good 'ol tourist tour of Austin and we hit up some pretty fun bars and eat delicious BBQ. One day during the week we went to San Antonio, down to the Alamo and spend the afternoon on the Riverwalk. It was gorgeous. Both years while I was down in Texas was the South By Southwest Music Festival. We had the time of our lives each year I was there. I cannot wait to go back down for a visit!!

2. The Caribbean
After I graduated high school my whole family went a cruise. It was awesome. I would love to do a cruise again one day but not necessarily anytime soon. On that particular cruise we went to the Caribbean and made 4 stops - Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and the Grand Cayman. (I don't remember the specific order of the stops). The water was incredibly blue and so pretty. We went snorkeling, shopping, laid on the beaches, got our hair braided, ate so much food, and had the best time. It was one of the best vacations we have taken as a family and I would love to be able to do it again. 
I am super excited to take Jay down that way for our honeymoon to St. Lucia! 

1 comment: