Image Map

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sunday-funday

Since Jay was working this weekend, that means I slept in way too long. I try to stay in bed a little longer than usual after he gets home for some cuddle time... it sucks not getting to lay with him every night so I take what I can get. We have black out shades in our bedroom which help him sleep during the day... but those black out shades also keep me in bed way late. Oops. Oh well. After I got up, showered, and dressed I cleaned house a little. It's hard to clean and be quiet at the same time so by clean I really mean I washed the dishes and did a load of laundry and that's all. 

I have been wanting to take Ruger for a while for a while now. The weather was gorgeous on Sunday I thought we'd give it a shot. I think he would really enjoy it and probably benefit him health-wise too. I know dogs needs exercise, but it's hard when your dog is blind. He can't play like a normal dog anymore, and it breaks me heart. So I've got this idea in my head that we are going to be walking buddies. He definitely got excited when I put the leash on him, but he quickly became a little nervous walking in unknown territory. But who am I kidding, as quick as he got nervous he was right back to being excited. I loved it, he is hilarious. We definitely need to work on our walking skills which will take some time... it's hard with him not being able to see where he's going, he kept weaving back and forth and tripping me. We had fun though. And I wore him out. He was so cute when we got back inside, he plopped down on the hardwood floor.
{Ignore the mess in the background, we finally got our kitchen table and haven't made a run to the dump yet}
After our little walk I ran out to Kroger and do some much needed grocery shopping. I was also on a mission to pick up the Sunday paper! At the register the kid brought me a paper and I was quick to find the extra section for our WEDDING ANNOUNCEMENT! I was also quick to ask him to put it back and get me another because that one had a mark on my husband's head. Haha, the kid said I should be picky and let me look through each one. So I brought home a copy for us... my parents have 4 copies, and a friend has saved theirs for us too. I love it!
In other news, my new Social Security card came in the mail on Sunday! Now it's officially official! Gotta make plans to sit my butt at the DMV this week and get me new Driver's License, yay!

2 comments:

  1. SO fun you two did a wedding announcement in the paper! I wish we would've done that! When I went to the BMV to get my new license they got half way through and said their system shut down "state wide...." OMG. Ha! SO I still need to do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did get black out blinds when my hubs worked nights. I just tin foiled the window... ha ha! So awful! But I was only planning on him working nights for a couple months, but those couple months turned into a year :( I should have bought black out blinds!
    Yay, love your wedding announcement! It took me months after getting married to get a new drivers license :) ha!

    ReplyDelete