Image Map

Friday, November 8, 2013

Kitchen Ideas

So Jay and I have been in our house for just under 3 months... we closed on our house the week before our wedding (crazy, I know). Jay moved his stuff in that weekend and I moves most of mine after we got back from out honeymoon. We are pretty settled in now which has given us the itch to start making it more "our home." Our house is really nice on the inside but we definitely want to make some changes like paint colors and carpet vs hardwood. The first room we are going to tackle is the kitchen! We finally got our kitchen table about 2 weeks ago (it was on back order for the longest time) and it's a pretty walnut color, which doesn't match the cabinets. We want to stain the cabinets to match the table and also paint the walls and add a new back splash. There is a great bay window in the kitchen too which will need a pretty curtain once everything else is completed. We are thinking about painting the walls a maroon color... here is some inspiration I pulled off pinterest... I can't wait to get started!

What do y'all think? What colors are in your kitchen??

2 comments:

  1. Great inspiration! We went light in our kitchen because I wanted it to be bright:) and I have the same scheme (turquoise and green) going on through the whole house:) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Pinterest for inspiration! I really like the deep red color for the kitchen/dining room area. Good luck with everything…that will be fun!

    ReplyDelete