Hello friends! I'm back, back again. I've been missing from the blog world for about a month, oops sorry! It's hard for me to sit in front of my computer when my computer when my husband is home... he's been on day shift and it's been wonderful! But, he goes back on nightshift this weekend, boo.
Anyways, we had the biggest snow storm our area has seen in several years. We have nearly 20 inches! I love snow, it can be so calming and magical. But then a few days in I'm ready for it to melt away, haha. Luckily my man was off yesterday so he was able to shovel the driveway and we had a chance to be snowed in together. We went out and rode around for a little bit to check the main roads... terrible! By the time we got back home it was dumping snow again, hence the 20 inches. So all the work Jay did to clear the driveway was now no good, except it did make it easier to just shovel 10 inches vs a whole 20. But here's the kicker, our road and neighborhood hasn't been plowed yet! Jay got called into work late yesterday evening and got stuck getting out, then he got stuck again coming home. So needless to say I didn't make it to work today. By the way, he took his big truck not the cop car... so if his truck could hardly make it then there is no way my small SUV could make it. I'm terrified of getting stuck.
{our snowy home - my hot husband thinking "really another picture?"}
{so much snow and no plow - had to dig out a potty spot for Ruger b/c it's too deep!}
{poor pup, he likes snow though... wish he could see it!}
{my little family}
And now it's Valentine's Day! Jay is working tonight again, boo. But with me not making it into work I will atleast get to see him for a little bit once he wakes up before he has to leave. Yay! I'm a sucker for any sort of holiday or celebration, especially if l-o-v-e is in involved. We don't do anything huge for Valentine's Day because it is such a Hallmark holiday, but it's still fun to something! We are "celebrating" Monday since Jay is working tonight and this weekend.
I made a cake though! I saw this idea on pinterest, duh where else, and I just had to make it. Didn't turn out perfect but it is pretty cute. First off, I need to buy a big serving platter of some sort. Oh well.
{make a round cake and square cake}
{cut the round cake in half and place a piece on each side of the square,
cut away any extra to give you the heart shape}
{cover with frosting}
{add sprinkles of your choice!}
{and because I am still building up my kitchen supply, I don't have a nice platter the cake would fit on, and I don't have toothpicks to hold the foil over top - the balls from our blender bottles work just fine!}
Hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with love!! :)














No comments:
Post a Comment