Image Map

Monday, March 3, 2014

Best Banana Bread Recipe

Jay and I have been doing really well with our healthy eating lately. We've been keeping lots of fresh fruit and veggies around for snacks... even eating an apple and nutella for dessert at night! In our protein shakes we like to a banana, frozen raspberries, and either nutella or peanut butter. Last weekend I'm not sure what happened but we had several bananas turn brown before we could eat them. I didn't want to throw them away, that's just wasteful. So I decided to make banana bread with them! And not just any banana bread, but my mom's recipe. I personally think it's better than Starbucks banana chocolate chip bread. And so much cheaper! 

What you need:
1 stick of butter (I didn't have a whole stick so I improvised)
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda (not pictured, oops)
1 tsp vanilla extract
a handful or 2 or pecans
a handful or 2 of chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
In a bowl, blend together the butter and sugar with an electric beater. Add in the eggs and beat well. Add the bananas, baking soda, and vanilla extract. Blend together and add in the flour. Once the batter is blended together, stir in the pecans and/or chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula. 
Pour batter into a non-stick loaf pan or muffin pan, whichever you wish to use. This recipe makes 1 large loaf pan or 2 smalls. I like to fill one muffin tin and pour the rest into a loaf pan.
Bake at 300 for about 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. I like to stick a butter knife in the middle and make sure it comes out clean.
Let cool and dig in!
 {my husband ate a muffin before I could snap a picture}
{smells heavenly and tastes even better}
I have been taking a muffin every morning for breakfast. I was also nice enough to share with my co-workers. They are begging me to make more and share the recipe. Guess I'll be making another batch!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment