I love any reason to celebrate anything. And I especially love holidays! This July 4th weekend was extra nice because it fell on a Friday, woohoo! But, my husband was working this weekend and he was on nights. So double boo to that. Since I was off work on Friday, we spent some quality time together Thursday night and relaxed at home. It's always nice sleeping in the same bed after he's been on nights for a while.
Friday morning I woke up pretty early, darn internal clock... and Ruger! Haha! The weather was gorgeous so the pup and I went for a nice walk around the neighborhood. That boy sure loves his walks, as I've mentioned before. I really do like where we live for now. It's not where we want to be forever, but it's really nice right now.


{We have a lake in our neighborhood, our house is slightly caddy-corner from it}
{Sniffs McGee}
Jay didn't sleep too much during the day on Friday but I went out to Target and did a few things on my own, took advantage of a nice day off and let him relax/nap some more. I also finished a 4th of July craft I had been working on! I plan to hang it on my office door next week.
After my husband left for work, I went back out to the grocery store and bought myself some ice cream and rented a movie from redbox. Next thing I know I get a text from my friend Ann telling me to come over to her house to see fireworks and my hubby. My friend Ann lives in the same town Jay is a police officer for. So I got dressed again and headed. It was a last minute get together but I will do anything if it means I get to see that handsome man. This would have been the first year we did't get to see fireworks together and I was secretly bummed. My quiet night in turned into a fun night out, quick but fun. Jay was patrolling the area and stopped by Ann's house right as the fireworks started. I was happy.
{someone looks less than thrilled to take a picture, too bad it's blurry, haha}
Saturday I got up before Jay came up and I left for work. Yea, I voluntered to cover Saturday since I had nothing else going on and the other girls at work had planned. But, I only stayed until 12:00, there wasn't much to do and I got bored. Ha. The weekend after a holiday falls on a Friday is usually pretty slow. Thankfully! I came home and repotted some of my plants, baked banana bread, cleaned up the house a little, and clipped some coupons until Jay woke up.
Again, after Jay left for work I changed my clothes and went to meet our friend Crystal and Ryan at the Buchanan Carnival. It was weird going there without Jay though. I had never been without him and I certainly missed him. I still had fun and ate a ton of food. One of my favorite things are the homemade vinegar fries. Oh my goodness I could eat my weight in those fries!
I didn't feel guilty about eating that much either because I had my It Works Fat Fighters on hand!! (More on that in a post coming soon! But if you are curious now, Fat Fighters block a percentage of fat and carbs from being absorbed in your body, it's awesome!)






Sounds like I could use some of that fat fighters! You look great!
ReplyDelete