Image Map

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Husband's Birthday!

I'm back, back again! Sorry for the long pause in blogging. Life gets hectic sometimes and the last thing I do most nights is get on the computer. By the time I get home in the evenings after work and the gym, shower, make dinner, and clean up, I then plop down on the couch and enjoy a new snuggles with my dog before going to bed myself. Then again and again and again day after day. 
But I have my blogging mojo back after a few friends have asked me to start posting again. And no better time to start then to share my husband's birthday! 

Today is my husband's birthday and I've had so much fun celebrating him. He's working nights this weekend so it's only been a little celebration but fun nonetheless. I absolutely love birthdays and making it a point to celebrate the person. My husband feels the complete opposite, ha. He doesn't see what the fuss if all about. This little cutie has grown into the most handsome man I am lucky enough to call MY husband! We are gonna make cute babies one day. 
Anyways, since he is working nights this weekend I've had plenty of time to cook and bake some of his favorites! One of the best ways to a man's heart is through his stomach! 

Jay requested Dirt Pudding and of course I had to make it for him. I've never made it before and didn't think there was anything to it. My friend Ashley from work has made it for several work functions and I had to get her recipe. Let me tell you, this Dirt Pudding is the bomb dot com! And my husband loved it! 

What you need: 
1 package regular Oreo cookies
1 stick butter
1 8oz block of cream cheese
1 large tub of cool whip
1 large chocolate instant pudding box
3 cups of milk
1 cup confectionary sugar

1st layer: Crush Oreo cookies. Melt butter and mix with crushed cookies. Press cookies into a 9x13 pan. Same some for the top.
2nd layer: Mix cream cheese, confectionary sugar, and 1/2 tub of cool whip. Beat until smooth. Spread over first layer.
3rd layer: Mix chocolate pudding and milk together and let it get a little firm/thick. Pour on top of second layer.
4th layer: Spread remaining cool whip on top and sprinkle with remaining cookies. 
I also decided to try a new chicken recipe I found HERE on Pinterest. Let's just say Pinterst for the win today! Apparently there is a restaurant out west called Wingers that has pretty famous chicken. I made their Buffalo Sticky Fingers.  This chicken was really good and pretty easy to make. My husband really liked it too, double yay!  
Today is also our dogs birthday too! Sweet Ruger is 7! Jay brought him home just a few weeks after he was born and they have been inseparable ever since. Our friends gave us a brand new Orivs bed they had acquired for FREE because they didn't need it. Ruger LOVES this bed. So thankful for thoughtful friends. Ruger also got a lot of carrots today to celebrate his birthday. Unfortunately, with his health problems he can't have any treats even for special occasions. But carrots make him do backflips so we are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment