Saturday was a fun filled day with our friends, Abbey and Keith, and all our dogs. We decided to go down to the creek and let the dogs play in the water. It was too cold for us to get in but the boys got in about to their knees The weather was really nice outside, hot in the sun and just perfect in the shade. I forgot to get bug spray, my mind hasn't been ready to think about needing any... and I got eaten alive by bugs! I have so many bites. We played around for a while then the dogs each got a bath. I love spending afternoons down there.
After we all played at the creek we went home and changed to go out to dinner. Abbey and Keith wanted to go to The Homeplace (they had never been!). Of course Jay and I agreed. We had to wait about an hour to get seated but the wait is so worth it there. We sat out on a little bench facing a cow field, then moved into a little gazebo once it cleared out. The weather was still perfect so we didn't mind waiting. Finally we were seated and stuffed our faces with fried chicken, roast beef, green beans, pinto beans with chow-chow, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, cole slaw and biscuits. Can't forget about the tea and lemonade we always mix together to wash it all down. After we finished dinner we rolled ourselves back to our cars and decided to go work off our meal with a round of putt-putt. Jay beat me again, wahh. Oh well, we came in 2nd as a team of the 3 couples we played with. (Jay's brother and girlfriend also came to play)
On Sunday, Jay and I decided to have a date day and head out to Chateau Morrisette. I have gotten Jay to love wine and I'm so excited about it. One of our favorite things to do now is visit wineries and try all different kinds. I think I'd like to get married a winery now. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment