Image Map

Monday, June 18, 2012

Richmond

This past weekend Jay and I headed up to Richmond with 2 of our good friends, Abbey and Keith. They are both originally from Richmond and their families still live there. The reason for the trip was to celebrate Abbey's college graduation. She had been working on finishing up her Bachelors degree for a while, so we decided to go help celebrate with her since she was finally able to walk! She actually completed everything and graduated in December, but she had to wait to walk until the ceremony this weekend. I had never been to Richmond to visit, neither had Jay. We were in for a real treat, haha. We stayed at The Jefferson Hotel (loved it) with Abbey and Keith. Friday night after graduation we went to dinner at Morton's. It was delicious. We would love to go there again. Saturday morning we woke up and had brunch at The Jefferson with some of their family. For the afternoon we went shopping at Short Pump. I actually did not buy anything! I was shocked, ha. Then we went to Keith's parents house a swam and had homemade pizza for dinner. Jay and I had planned on coming back home Saturday afternoon... we didn't leave until 9:45pm! Needless to say I slept some of the way home. We made it back around 1:00am. We had a good trip, quick but fun. I was great being there for Abbey and celebrating with her.

1 comment: