This past weekend 2 of my girlfriends came over for a girls night. We have tried to get together whenever we can, which isn't very often, but this weekend we were able to! I had the 2 of them over dinner. I made basil pesto chicken with fresh mozzarella and tomato, roasted squash, onions, mushrooms, and friend onions with bloomin' sauce. It was delicious! Of course we had some girl drinks. We typically will eat, make drinks, and play cards. We have been playing cards together since high school. The games have surely changed since the addition of fun drinks, but all in all it's a good time. We were missing our 4th member of our group, she lives in Texas, wahh! We called her and texted her all night so it was like she was there... in spirit at least. She so graciously informed is that is was National Tequila day. By that time it was about 8:45pm. We jumped in Julia's car and booked it down to the ABC store before they closed at 9:00! After tequila shots and several card games we were getting hungry. We were not prepared for the events of the evening, I did not have any snacks... I have been a slacker and need to go grocery shopping like woah. Crystal decided she wanted to walk down to Texas Tavern and get a burger. So I walked down there with her, got our burgers and a hot dog for Julia who stayed back at my apartment. We ate, Crystal's husband came to pick her up, Julia slept on the couch and I headed to my own bed. I'd say we had a lot of fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment