Monday night after I got home from the gym I made energy bars from a recipe I found on pinterest. My best friend Katie also made them, [she lives in Texas and we are kind of like soul twins]. They turned out pretty good but both of ours turned out to be a little too crumbly. We are going to make a few adjustments next time, i.e. more peanut butter and a smaller pan so the bars are thicker and will hold together better. I've eaten one for breakfast every morning and had one as a snack before I left work and headed to Zumba on Wednesday.
Here's the recipe:
1 1/4 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup quick oats, dry
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1/4 cup raisins (I used about 1/2 a cup)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter (next time I will use 2/3-1 cup I think)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Warm up the peanut butter and maple syrup on the stove until it becomes smooth. Take it off the heat, add the vanilla, stir it together. Pour the peanut butter mixture in the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together until it's all coated.
Spray with your pan or dish with non-stick cooking spray. Dump the mixture in the pan and flatten it out with a wooden spoon. Get a piece of wax paper and lay it over top then firmly press with your hands to further flatten. Put in the fridge to harden. I left mine in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Yummy! I can't wait to make another batch! Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment