I tell you what, I am just terrible at following a schedule, haha oops! Oh well, my blog and I can do whatever I want! :) Wedding planning is definitely coming along! We have our date (and it feels so awesome to say I'm getting married on August 24th!) We have our church and reception venue booked, as well as the DJ. A few other things have fallen into place since my last post.
My mom decided it would be a good idea to hire a wedding planner/coordinator. Partially for my sake, and partially for her so she doesn't have to deal with me. :) I was getting very stressed and overwhelmed trying to figure out how everything would get delivered, set up and organized, and what if something didn't get delivered or was late? So I did some research and found a lady that seemed perfect. I read over her entire website and read client reviews. As I was reading through I saw that this was the same wedding planner a couple from my high school used for their wedding last May. This particular couple have been together since we were in the 8th grade! The girls review was fantastic, I knew right away I had to call and set up an appointment. So 2 Saturday's ago my mom and I met with Vicki Itson of Why Can't It Be Simple? (I told Jay he didn't have to come because he wanted to go hunting instead.) Before we finished meeting with her my mom decided she was the one. We went over everything I had rolling around in my brain, all my ideas and all my concerns. And I cried. I cry a lot. At that point it was from feeling frustrated and then all of a sudden such relief that Vicki would be there to help with everything! I find myself crying over simple little things too because I am so happy. Like I can't believe I am finally marrying the man of my dreams. Thinking about marrying Jay and our wedding right now and I write this makes me tear up a little! Anyways, we booked her and she is awesome! She has been in the process of helping me find florists, caterers, and videographers.
The following week I had already scheduled to meet with a photographer who's blog I have been following for a while. I found her through wedding pictures I saw of girl I met in college that she posted on Facebook. Because I'm weird I love to look at other people's pictures. So needless to say I found this photographers website and every few weeks or so kept going back and seeing new posts. My mom and I met with Lori Hedrick last Tuesday. She is so nice and very personable. I felt very comfortable talking to her and I felt like she was the perfect person to take my wedding pictures! I signed her contract and mailed in the deposit the next day! Soooo... now Jay and I can finally get our engagement pictures done! Yay!! :)
Since meeting and hiring Vicki, she set me up with a local florist shop called Creative Occasions. My mom and I met with Mark the following week. Again I told Jay he didn't have to come because he would be bored talking about flowers, he was happy to stay at home that day, haha. This what I want my bouquet to look like. I have to have roses and calla lilies, and I really want to use hydrangeas and dahlias I want a mostly white bouquet too. Maybe a little bit of very light purple but I really like just white. I want my bouquet to be BIG. I want a thick stem section and for the flowers to cover my hands, a lot like this middle picture. For my bridesmaids, I want their bouquets to be smaller versions of mine.
For the guys boutonniere's I want them to have a simple little calla lily. Not the big regular size flower, but the tinier version. So pretty I think. Jay said he doesn't care what they wear. Haha of course. And for the table center pieces I want something very similar to this, with purple dahlias and green hydrangeas. The green accent I want added for my color scheme of plum and grey will mostly been seen at my reception I think.I don't need any flowers or decorations inside the church. It's pretty enough without anything extra. Mark at Creative Occasions said to maybe have a flower arrangement at the entrance to the church welcoming people, and then Vicki my wedding planner can move the arrangement once the ceremony starts over to the reception venue.
My mom decided it would be a good idea to hire a wedding planner/coordinator. Partially for my sake, and partially for her so she doesn't have to deal with me. :) I was getting very stressed and overwhelmed trying to figure out how everything would get delivered, set up and organized, and what if something didn't get delivered or was late? So I did some research and found a lady that seemed perfect. I read over her entire website and read client reviews. As I was reading through I saw that this was the same wedding planner a couple from my high school used for their wedding last May. This particular couple have been together since we were in the 8th grade! The girls review was fantastic, I knew right away I had to call and set up an appointment. So 2 Saturday's ago my mom and I met with Vicki Itson of Why Can't It Be Simple? (I told Jay he didn't have to come because he wanted to go hunting instead.) Before we finished meeting with her my mom decided she was the one. We went over everything I had rolling around in my brain, all my ideas and all my concerns. And I cried. I cry a lot. At that point it was from feeling frustrated and then all of a sudden such relief that Vicki would be there to help with everything! I find myself crying over simple little things too because I am so happy. Like I can't believe I am finally marrying the man of my dreams. Thinking about marrying Jay and our wedding right now and I write this makes me tear up a little! Anyways, we booked her and she is awesome! She has been in the process of helping me find florists, caterers, and videographers.
The following week I had already scheduled to meet with a photographer who's blog I have been following for a while. I found her through wedding pictures I saw of girl I met in college that she posted on Facebook. Because I'm weird I love to look at other people's pictures. So needless to say I found this photographers website and every few weeks or so kept going back and seeing new posts. My mom and I met with Lori Hedrick last Tuesday. She is so nice and very personable. I felt very comfortable talking to her and I felt like she was the perfect person to take my wedding pictures! I signed her contract and mailed in the deposit the next day! Soooo... now Jay and I can finally get our engagement pictures done! Yay!! :)
Since meeting and hiring Vicki, she set me up with a local florist shop called Creative Occasions. My mom and I met with Mark the following week. Again I told Jay he didn't have to come because he would be bored talking about flowers, he was happy to stay at home that day, haha. This what I want my bouquet to look like. I have to have roses and calla lilies, and I really want to use hydrangeas and dahlias I want a mostly white bouquet too. Maybe a little bit of very light purple but I really like just white. I want my bouquet to be BIG. I want a thick stem section and for the flowers to cover my hands, a lot like this middle picture. For my bridesmaids, I want their bouquets to be smaller versions of mine.
We are waiting for Mark to put together a proposal with prices for everything we talked about... we talked for over an hour about all kinds of ideas and little things I hadn't thought of before. Once we get the proposal, we will figure out exactly what we want and what we can probably do without. Hopefully everything will look good and we can hire Creative Occasions within the next few weeks. He said it might not be until after Christmas because they are swamped with Christmas parties.
Next on the list of major things to check off is the caterer and videographer. Still working of those 2 things. I'm hoping to have them both figured out before Christmas... that's only 12 days away! Ahhh! If not I atleast want to shoot for the week after.... which also happens to be my birthday! Well January 1st is my birthday, yay! I'll be 27, ick.
I need to get better about posting on a regular basis. Things have just been so busy around here, I've gone days without getting on my computer (except for work of course.)





I love your idea of having a white bouquet and calla lily boutonniere...it's such a classic look! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding...I can't wait to read more about it!
ReplyDeleteI have a January bday as well!!
ReplyDeleteYes, you and your blog CAN do whatever you want!! :-)
I am in love with hydrangeas....in love.
I had a boutonniere exactly like the first one for my guys. My husband had two and the other guys had one girl. I love the bouquet like the 3rd one. That was SUPPOSED to be what mine looked like. Didn't quite turn our unfortunately....
ReplyDelete