Woohoo! An actual wedding post on a Wednesday! Haha... Phew, the last week and half have been crazy and busy with work, Christmas, one of my good friends has been in the hospital, and now I'm catching a cold. I don't have much else accomplished for our wedding since my last update, oops! I need to get my butt in gear... 8 months to go! Christmas Eve was the exact 8 month mark until our wedding, and just happened to be 2 months from the day Jay proposed! I have been emailing back and forth with our photographer to get our engagement pictures done, and I've also been looking at ideas for our "save the dates." I really like the idea of postcards.
We got our first wedding present too! My grandmother gave us her silver serving utensils with a matching set of 8! I love it and I can't wait to use them for holidays or other special events at our house after we are married.
Hopefully by the end of next week I will have our videographer nailed down, as well as caterer. We are supposed to get the proposal from the florist we met with soon too. Can't wait to see how expensive that's going to be! My mom and I are already thinking of other options to knock down the cost of some stuff for the center pieces. I found THIS on pinterest and it's really close to what I want. If I use frames to cover what the flowers go in, then we don't have to worry about a pretty vase. What I want to do with the frames is put "little known facts" about us or things we have incorporated into our wedding. For example, I have to have roses in my bouquet... not just because they are pretty flowers, but because my grandfather always had a huge rose garden and won awards for them. I want things like that, that are special to me and Jay, to be made known to everyone else. I want to make our wedding personal and share that with everyone who comes. Along with the facts in the frame, also put pictures of Jay and I in a frame.
Christmas update coming soon! Hope everyone had a great holiday! I'm ready for New Year's/my birthday now! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment