Oh this is a fun one! I love music and I feel like I have a song for everything. Here are 5 songs that bring back memories!
1. Baby Got Back
When I was in high school, I was on the swim team with my 2 best friends. One of the older girls that we looked up to used to always listen to this song before a meet to get her pumped up. So we did the same. We even made up our own lyrics. Maybe one day I will post our very own version to blog. Yes, I do have a copy of it.
2. Wannabe
Need I say more? I was OBSESSED with Spice Girls. Like I had a serious problem. I owned everything that came out that was theirs, had their logo on it, or any magazine they were in. I had the Barbies and the posters, movies, cassettes and Cd's, and the clothes. Still to this day when I hear any Spice Girls song, I instantly become happy. My senior year of college they were doing their "reunion tour" and I definitely went to see them when they played in Washington DC. I'm not ashamed!!
3. Breathless by The Coors
This is my all-time most favorite song. Ever. I don't know what it is about this song but I love it. I'm not even sure when or where I first heard it, but I've loved it since it came out in 2000 I think.
4. Soldier by Destiny's Child
This song reminds me of freshman year at college. I was pretty shy and didn't have any friends. I met some great girls that lived on my hall and they were good girls like me. We became friends and would go out to dinner to Famous Anthony's quite often. Every Thursday after CRU we would ride down to Sonic and get limeades, poppers, and cheese sticks. Every time we got in someone's car we would play a CD we had made... yes, we make our own mixes... and this song was one we blasted super loud. Why? I don't know. But it was fun!
5. The Ketchup Song by Las Ketchup
I don't know. My best friend and I were weird. We liked strange music. This is proof. We learned the dance to this and I'm pretty sure I remember dancing at swim meets to this song too. LOVE memories like this! Enjoy!! :)

Wow, I'm going to have to go dig my old Coors CD out of the closet and listen to the whole thing again. Haven't thought about them in ages!
ReplyDeleteBaby got Back. Enough said! LOVE! haha!
ReplyDelete