Image Map

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday Topics: 1 life long dream

Wow, these last 10 weeks have gone by really fast! I've really enjoyed being a party of Tuesday Topics, I will definitely keep up with it! It's been great finding new blogs to read through this and having something different to write about once a week. 
So this week, one life long dream. One of my life long dreams is about to come true. I am about to marry the man of dreams in one tiny little months! (Ok one month from tomorrow but same difference, hehe). Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted to get married and be a wife. Growing up I was so envious of older girls who had boyfriends, and even older girls who were married. I was not the most popular girl in high school and never really dated... at all. I "dated" a few guys in college but no one was ever the one.  My first "real relationship" was with a guy my senior year of college and trough grad school. We were together a few years but it never felt like how I thought true love was supposed to feel. We finally broke up and I was heartbroken. I went back to feeling like I wasn't good enough, pretty enough, funny enough, etc. I kinda gave up on everything.
One day I decided to give up my "hopelessness" and let God get back in control. I began reminding myself to "guard my heart" and trust myself. I tell you what, Letting Go and Letting God was the best decision I could have made. It was THEN that I finally found my true love, my one and only, my now almost husband. 
For all the worrying, criticizing, self-loathing, and sleepless nights, THIS man was SO worth it. He showed me that I was worth it. He made me feel like the most amazing girl in the world, like I was the only girl in the world. I don't know what I did to deserve him. All the broken roads I traveled led me straight to him and I wouldn't change a thing if would mean I wouldn't have met him. However, we both ask each other, "where have you been all me life!?" If I could change one thing, I would have met this great man a lot sooner. But I think the lonely and tough times that we BOTH went through make us appreacite what we have together a little more. 
So now, here we are. And in 4.5 weeks he will be my husband and I his wife. This is one of my biggest and most emotional life long dreams and I cannot believe it is coming true. 
I am such a lucky and blessed girl. 

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Glad you found your one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup once we give up everything to God and let His plans take over instead of our own, wonderful things result!

    ReplyDelete