Well we haven't technically bought it yet...
We signed the contract on a house last week and made an offer. The sellers countered, of course. So we countered back. And then did again... and this went on 3 more times. Finally this morning we got an email from our realtor congratulating us on our new house!! I was so thrilled!! I had just gotten into my office at work and ran into my supervisor's office and busted out crying. Yes I'm an emotional fool. (Good thing I wore waterproof mascara today!) I have been SO stressed out with this house thing... it wasn't even fun anymore. We are getting married in 6 weeks and now I can finally take a breath knowing we will have a house to come home to after our honeymoon. We are really tight on time but I think we can make it work. We have been talking our our mortgage lady and she is really trying to help us so we can close the week before our wedding... yes, the week before our wedding! Can you believe it?! I sure can't.
I've never owned a home before so this is a big deal for me. Jay has had a house before so the fun and new-ness isn't there for him. And of course this isn't our dream house... who can afford their dream right from the start? We can't. And it does make me sad that I can't get the perfect house for Jay. But, this is OUR first home TOGETHER. I am excited beyond words. One more huge step in starting our lives together has finally happened.
Now cross your fingers and say a prayer that everything goes well from here and we and close before we say "I Do."
{This is my happy face, right after I found out the sellers accepted our offer... and after I cried}
{OUR "almost" HOME}
say a prayer it all works out for us!
Yay!! Congrats! Such an exciting time!!
ReplyDeletewoohoo this is great news!! congrats
ReplyDelete