Image Map

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Buchanan Carnival

I know, I lied in the previous post... forgive me?! :)

Anyhoo...

Ever since I first started dating Jay, we've gone to the Buchanan Carnival. We haven't missed one yet. He even worked a few times, but hey, that still counts. The Buchanan Carnival will always be special to me because that is where he first told me he loved me. What makes it even more fun is that he did it on July 4th under the fireworks. {insert cheesy aww here ;) hehe}. Now, we haven't made it back on the 4th the last 2 years, but we still make it to the carnival no matter what. 

So fast-forward to this year. We were able to plan a day to go with his family; his parents, brother and his wife, and our cute as a button niece. We had so.much.fun! My favorite carny food is hands-down vinegar fries and raspberry ice cream. My FIL introduced me to the raspberry, I can't have anything else now! Obsessed. Jay's favorite carny food would be Petro's. It's Frito pie in a bag. Delicious but not something I have to have every time.

Now I'm not one to enjoy carnival rides. I feel like if the ride can be broke down into pieces, put on a truck, and travel down the road to the next location... I'm not getting on it. Those things are scary. And of course while we were walking around we saw a guy "fixing" a part to this very tall, upside down twirly, ride. No thank youuu! But the kiddie rides seem okay. They go slow. And stay on the ground.  Those are good in my book.

Our niece wanted to get on some rides. She is a few months after 2 so her options were limited by height. She was able to ride several though and she had a blast. A couple of the rides she had to have an adult ride with her because she was too small. It was the cutest thing when she wanted Jay to ride with her, and I got to ride a few with her too. Had a ball!

I can't wait until next year. I hope we can plan to go with Jay's family again. It was definitely more fun. And next year I'm sure our niece will be just as fun if not more to watch!

{walking with Uncle Jay to the carousel // too scared to ride at first}
{had to ride with mommy first, and then she rode with me! she had to ride the doggy too}
{Dizzy Dragon ride with Uncle Jay // Wiggle Worm with Aunt Megan}
{her laugh is so contagious, such a cutie!}


No comments:

Post a Comment