Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! The last couple years since I've been out of grad school and at my job, I have worked on Thanksgiving. But it's because I choose to. We do a huge Thanksgiving day meal for the residents and family. We post a sign-up sheet about a month before to make sure all the new visitors are aware, the long termers expect it every year. This year we had about 90 people sign up! Wednesday evening most of the department head stay and set up tables and chairs in all areas possible; we use the living room, activities room, library, rehab gym and rehab kitchen, and of course the main dining room. We have assigned seats for every person so we know where everyone needs to be, it definitely cuts down on the craziness and confusion. On Thursday morning myself and a few others open up the beauty shop and do a little hair and make-up for some of the ladies who have family coming. It makes them feel extra special. I'm not very good at doing hair, especially when it comes to teasing, so I did the make-up. At 12:00 noon we have one of the residents who was minister say the blessing, he says it every year and a good handful of us always tear up, especially his wife. It's so sweet. Staff members assist the residents in getting their plates, family and guests make their way through the buffet line on their own. All the food is prepared in house by the kitchen staff, it looked great! Once the line start moving, everything else moves along pretty fast too. When everyone is done eating we help the kitchen staff and housekeepers do a quite clean-up. Jay also stopped by real quick to say hi since I wouldn't get to see him the rest of the day. I left work by 1:30 and was home with my family by 2:00. When I got home the food was almost done, I was so hungry. My mom and I had a glass of wine, by sisters were both home, and my dad was watching football. The only thing missing was my fiance. Next year things will be different since we will be married, I can't wait. I just hope he doesn't have to work! When the food was ready we all stuffed our faces, it was delicious. The best part of Thanksgiving food is the leftovers! I have eaten my weight in turkey and green bean casserole, haha.
After we ate we went outside to play with my sisters new bow. I have never used one before, so that was pretty funny. Once I got the hang of it I did pretty good. I did not however, hit the target. Oh well.
My sister had to help me figure it out
Now I got the hang of it!
Friday I did not go Black Friday shopping. I actually stayed in my pajamas all day and watched movies with my mom and sisters. It was nice to be lazy and still have the whole weekend left. Saturday I went out and did a little shopping with my friend Crystal. I'm sooo close to being done with all my Christmas shopping! Tonight my mom and I are going to see Martina McBride's Christmas Concert. Yay!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!!






90 people signed up? That's incredible!!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty terrible at archery...I think it's because of my hyper extended arm!
So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Dont shoot any bambis with the bow! :). Hehe
ReplyDelete