I'm really excited about this link-up! For the last several years I have been all about the gym and working out... but then 8 months ago I got married and going to the gym was the farthest thing on my mind. The more I think about it, the more I get mad at myself over it actually. But I guess that is part of being a newlywed? My focus went from me, myself, and I... to living with Jay for the first time, wanting to be a great wife and cook dinner for my husband every night, spend quality time together like we had never done before. I also became a fur mom and I am more attached to that sweet dog than I ever thought was possible.
So anyways, I just rejoined the gym last month (I had let my membership run out) and I'm loving being back in there. Even though I've been out of my normal gym routine for 8 months, I have not gained any weight. (Thank goodness!) My body has changed though. I used to be tight and toned and now my muscles have turned into fat. But I know I can get back into shape like I want pretty quickly. I am determined!
I have a few goals I would like to accomplish during this challenge:
1. Make it to the gym 3-4 times a week for the classes I like... Zumba, Body Pump, and Body Attack. I also want to try a cycling class called RPM.
2. Lose about 4-5 lbs. Even though the scale hasn't gone up, my body has changed from muscle to flab and my clothes aren't fitting the same. If I can lose just a few lbs I think it will jump start me back into toning up.
3. Start running again. Last spring/summer I ran 3 races; 2 5ks and 1 8k. Right now I don't think I can bust out one mile without getting tired. I want to be able to run and feel good about running again. I have signed up for a 5k that's coming up in 2 weeks... yikes!
Woohoo! I'm ready to get this challenge started!

Here from the linkup! Great goals :) good luck!
ReplyDeleteaintnodramamama.blogspot.com
Awesome goals lady! I'm excited to see you rock these next 4 weeks! Thanks for linking up! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat goals! Good luck with getting back into the routine at the gym and back on track with your running. Signing up for a race is always great motivation to get back out there. I'm sure you'll be ready when race day rolls around!
ReplyDeleteI am hoping to get into running. I have never not known the feeling of getting tired before one mile. haha! I wanna change that!
ReplyDeleteAt least you realized the need to set goals and get motivated just 8 months in... I waited a few years, whoops! ;) So glad you're joining in with the linkup! YAY for signing up for a 5k!!
ReplyDelete