Image Map

Monday, October 1, 2012

Back from Vacay

Well, I'm back from vacation. As always it went by way too fast and ended way too soon. Sometimes I want to live at the beach but I think I'd for sure miss the mountains too much. We spent the week down in Surf City at Topsail Island, NC. A few weeks ago my parents decided to plan a trip during the week of my dad's birthday. (He was turning the big 55!) and they invited Jay and I to go with them. We couldn't stay the whole time because of Jay's work schedule (dang sheriffs office!) We had a great time nonetheless. It was so nice to be on a real vacation, something more than just a long weekend. I definitely needed it and so did Jay. He told me he couldn't remember the last time he was at the beach. He was just like a cute little boy, he built a big sandcastle that stayed standing the whole trip! I remember going to the beach every summer basically my whole life. I plan on making it a habit with him now. September is the perfect time to go too. Being "off season" it was not crowded at all, didn't have to wait in line at restaurants and didn't have to fight for a good spot on the sand. I love going to quiet beaches. I've never been a fan of Myrtle or going somewhere that's crazy busy jam-packed with things to do. When I go to the beach I like to go to the beach. Plain and simple. That's exactly how Topsail was and I have a feeling even in the middle of the summer it's a nice quiet beach to visit.
dad wanted a picture with the mph sign + his new age
hellooooo Topsail!
 the weather was gorgeous
 our cute A-frame house
 he loved it
 we found hearts in the sand
soaking up the sun
 what a cutie
enjoying the water
gosh i love this man
i love this man too; happy birthday daddy
how can you not believe in God with a sunset view like that
 Jay's sand castle
smile! dad, mom, me, Jay
reading The Resolution for Women
early morning walk on the beach
 the best fried oysters. ever.
late night walk on our last night

5 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE Topsail!!! Do you live in NC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I live about 6 hours away in VA. I loved Topsail, it was the first time I had been there. So pretty! Are you from there?

      P.S. Would you like to follow each other? :)

      Delete
  2. happy birthday to your daddy!! those oysters look amazing and vacations even if mini ones are always nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ate the oysters at a place called Daddy Mac's, they were the best I've ever had! They had a Cajun seasoning on them.

      Delete
  3. what an amazing and beautiful vacation!! and i love the sunset picture - gorgeous!! my hubs and i recently moved away from NC and i miss the beaches there!! new follower - love your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete