This is one of favorite things to eat when I don't feel like cooking and want something quick but isn't junk and will fill me up. My good friend from work, Abbey, shared this recipe with me a while back and I have been making it ever since. She and her husband when they first met and started dating were both very involved with boy scouts. Abbey told me she would pack this as an easy snack or a quick meal for their camping adventures. It's very simple and very yummy. When she first told me it had hummus and honey I wasn't so sure. You definitely shouldn't knock this before you try it!
What you need:
Wraps- I use a tortilla or the flatout bread
Hummus- I prefer original or roasted garlic
Shredded parmesan cheese
Honey
Chicken- I usually use the bag of already cooked chicken, Tyson's, that you can find with deli meats (it's already cut too), but when I don't have that I always have a bag of the Tyson's frozen grilled chicken breasts (just heat it up per the package and slice)
What to do:
Lay out the tortilla/flatout bread, spread hummus down the middle. You can use however much you like, I pile it on. Then drizzle honey over the hummus. Again, use however much you want. I use a lot of honey.
Next layer the chicken on top of the hummus and honey. Sprinkle a good heaping handful of the shredded parmesan cheese on to the chicken.
Roll up and enjoy!




Ah, I love putting hummus on my wraps. Shoot, I'll put hummus on anything. Found your blog through Following Cs. Very cute!!
ReplyDeleteI am in need of some new lunch ideas. This looks yummy!
ReplyDelete