Since it's Halloween, let me share with you my costume from work today. I didn't feel like spending a lot of money on a costume (gotta save my pennies!), or taking the time to make one. So, I decided to be a princess. Easy. I have several formal dresses from different events and I thought for sure I could wear one of those. I found a crown and wand set at CVS for $5 in a pretty light purple color. Immediately I thought of my senior prom dress. Last night when I got home with my crown set I tried my dress on. Woohoo it fit! 8 years later and I can still wear it. And so that became my costume for today. Easy-peasy and everyone at work said how pretty my dress was. They also wouldn't expect anything else but for me to be a princess. Haha. Several people wanted me to be a bride but I said no. Here are the only pictures I got today, not so great phone quality pics. Oh, I also wore my cowboy boots because I was not wearing heels. I had to put a tank underneath because I was afraid my dress came down to low, and it's also pretty much backless. You know the yellow dress Kate Hudson wore in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days? Yep, that's my senior prom dress and my Halloween costume. I hope everyone else had a fun and candy filled day!
WEDDING WEDNESDAY
I've seen on other blogs that I follow people have certain things they write about on certain days of the week. I've never really felt the need to do that because my posts are pretty random and for friends/family to read. However, things change. ;) Now that I am planning my wedding I want to try and make Wednesday's the day I talk about wedding plans. I'm sure it'll come up other days and throughout other posts, but I'm gonna try to do "Wedding Wednesday" every week. Let's see how this goes! Today is Wednesday, and it just so happens that it's been a week since Jay proposed. And also, Jay and I did our first "wedding thing" today. I skipped Zumba (whoops) and met him at Barnes and Noble after work. He had wanted to buy me a wedding planner. So into B&N we went, to the wedding section! I flipped through several planners before I chose the one I wanted. $35 for a wedding planner seems expensive, but he wanted to get it for me, and I won't lie... I was excited about it. Now I can't wait to sit down and fill in the things I already know! We also popped into Kay's Jewelers because I wasn't quite sure how the whole insurance/inspection thing worked. The girl Jay got my ring from, Amy, is so nice. He said she had gone above and beyond to help him get my ring. (My finger is small so they had to special order it, and they also didn't carry the specific one he wanted in the store but she was able to get it in for him.) She was working tonight and explained that I can come in any time to get my ring cleaned. Every 6 months I have to take my ring in with the paperwork so they can make sure it's looking right and the stones aren't lose. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me for a lifetime warranty! I also got it cleaned. It's been a week. Hehehe :)
I'm way too excited about this ;)





You HAVE to start a Wedding Wednesday! It will get you (and me) excited for your big day! :-)
ReplyDeleteHey Megan! Thanks for your sweet comments and for stopping over at my blog!! I can't respond though because you don't have an email address linked anywhere on your blog! Let me know how I can respond :)
ReplyDeleteHey Erin! I'm not really sure how to fix that? I haven't quite learned the ins and outs of this blog thing yet. Yipes. I tried to change my settings so my email is on here now. Is that what you mean? Sorry! :)
Delete:) Amazing dear, good luck!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day!
xoxo
1. Great costume! (I LOVED that movie too:)
ReplyDelete2. Y'all look so happy! Love it!
3. About the email thing; I can now respond to your comments on email, so you checked the right box:)
Hey girl! here's how you link your email to your blog... How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE
ReplyDeleteCute costume! Lol
ReplyDelete