Image Map

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Color Me Rad!

Sunday morning was the Color Me Rad 5k run in Blacksburg. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while and now I can check it off my bucket list! Whoop whoop! :) I got up bright and early, picked up Kate, met up with our friend Erinn, and we headed to Blacksburg. We first stopped and picked up our other friend Tiffany and her roommate Harmony. We were all dressed in white, had our game faces on, and were ready to run and be blasted with color bombs. This particular race was to raise support for the Special Olympics. There were over 5,000 people running. It was incredible. I was actually pretty impressed with myself too. I am not a runner, but we jogged more than half of the run. It was definitely nothing serious or timed, it was all for fun and to see how much color you could get on yourself. But still, I was happy that I "ran" as much as I did. We really only walked when it was up hill, and there were several places we were running on grass or gravel. If the Color Me Rad team comes to a city near you, I highly encourage you to participate! Here is the website, check it out! And now I can check "color run" off my Bucket List!
Before: All clean and white
Tiffany, Harmony, Kate, me, Erinn
After we crossed the finish line!
Yea! We rock!
 Me and Tiffany
 Throwing color at the finale
Yay for color bombs!
 The backside of me and Kate
 Haha I look excited!
All of us after, color blasted!
Woohoo! 
Being silly
SO FUN!
 
                               Kate and I :)                                     Erinn was sad it's over

1 comment:

  1. I am SO stinkin' jealous!!!!! Our color run was sold out--I won't miss out next year! Awesome for you:)!

    ReplyDelete