Image Map

Friday, November 9, 2012

"Man Date"

Last night Jay and I had an impromptu "man date." I call it a "man date" because we went to a few stores he likes, that I don't really have that much interest in. I just go because it makes him happy and I enjoy spending time with him. We started off at Gander Mountain. When we can't decide on anything to do we sometimes end up there and just walk around. Last night we ended up at the gun counter. Jay has been wanting a new rifle for some time now and I have always said I would buy him a one if it wasn't too expensive, and always hinting that I would get him one after we get married. This week there is a sale on the one he wanted, a Mossberg Tactical 22,  so we went to check it out. The man behind the counter was so nice, very helpful, and very chatty. Because it was on sale I told Jay I would buy it for him if he really wanted it. He looked like such a happy kid. Merry early Christmas, babe! :) I was very intrigued by the process you have to go through to buy a gun. It's very in depth and detailed, certain forms of ID and back ground checks. Guess that's a good thing though. Needless to say, my fiance left Gander last night a very happy man. Our next stop was Lowes. A man and his tools, goodness. Jay likes to show me everything he wants in hopes that one day he will in fact have it all. I told him what he needs to do is write everything down. Make a list for me so every birthday, Christmas, and anniversary I can pull out the list, go to Lowes, buy a few things off the list, check it off the list, and then put the list away until the next event. He laughed and I told him I'm serious. Anyways, while we were walking around I got bored and took another picture of my ring in the tool isle. Hehe. As usual I tried to take a picture of the two of us too but he wouldn't cooperate. He's funny and I love him! Of course we have to go get dinner too. So we met our friends Abbey and Keith at Applebee's. They just got the new Iphone5 so we were all playing with it. Keith took a panorama picture at the restaurant, we were the only ones there, haha. 
Man dates are nice because I like doing things I know Jay enjoys, instead of always going shopping clothes and girly things. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Next time around, it'll be Jay's turn for a "girl" date where all kinds of fun will be had at New York & Co., Macy's, Bath & Body Works.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Noel would love a "man date" but unfortunately, for him of course, they're usually "girl dates"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea usually a man date turns into a girl date but this time it was all him!

      Delete