Image Map

Friday, December 28, 2012

Yay for Friday!

Happy Friday! This week went by so fast... thank goodness! I'm ready for a 4 day weekend. I worked last weekend before Christmas so I only had 2 days off, I'm excited for this round of holidays! AND my birthday is on Tuesday! Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to ME! :)

The day after Christmas we got snow! And ice. But yay we got snow! Almost made a white Christmas, maybe next year. I love the way snow looks when it's untouched. Since Christmas I have been sick, wahh. Thankfully not too bad, just a head cold and sinus problems. There have a few people at work that have tested positive for the flu, and there is an upper respiratory bug going around the residents. We've been "internally closed" and keeping everyone separated on their units, no group activities and all meals served in individual rooms. It's very quiet at work but it's what we have to do to try and contain the illness. Jay did bring me a hot tea to help soothe my throat and open up my sinuses  He's so sweet to me. Except for when he tells me I have bags under my eyes. Thanks babe.

Tonight after I get off work I am meeting my mom and 2 of my bridesmaids, Ann and Elise, to start looking for a wedding dress! Ann's mother in law works at David's bridal so I made an appointment with her for 5:30 this evening. I'm excited but kind of nervous too. I know what I don't want, and I think I know what I do what, but at the same time I still have no idea what I want. Yikes. There are several other bridal shops that I want to visit, we are just starting with David's for now. 

In other news, Jay got a new job! He will no longer be a sheriff's deputy as of January 7... he will be a Vinton Police Officer! He said he is sad that he won't be wearing brown but will now be wearing blue. I told him it doesn't matter, as long as he enjoys his job and he's still in law enforcement. This is a great career move for him, he will be on the road as an officer and gets a take home car. No more being stuck in the jail. I am so proud of him and so happy for him! Being a road officer opens so many doors for him the future. He wants to eventually be an investigator, and with this job he can start pursuing that dream. Apparently you have to be on the road for some many years before you can start that process... well here we go! The only thing that kinda stinks though is that he has to go through academy again. However, its only Monday through Thursday, 12 hour days. He will be "off" Friday through Sunday which will be a big help as we work through wedding plans, and hopefully we can take small weekend trips and not have to worry about his schedule. He will have to do a lot of studying on the weekends though, hope he doesn't turn into a crank-pot! Haha. I my man in soon-to-be-blue! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've got lots going on! Congrats to Jay on his new job! And I hope you're feeling better, boo for being sick. Aaaand, your about to have a birthday?! I hope it's wonderful! PS Have a blast choosing your wedding gown, and take lots of pictures throughout the process, it helps and you'll love having it to look back on-- some advice from an old married lady!:)

    ReplyDelete