Image Map

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tomato Soup Mac & Cheese

Last weekend Jay and I made dinner together. I found this recipe on pinterest and wanted to try it. I like any kind of macaroni and cheese especially if it's baked. I made some changes from the original recipe because I don't have a fancy cheese shop to go to, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this meal. Cheap is the way to go with us! Tastes just the same I'm sure, hehe ;)

What you need: Elbow noodles, 1 can of tomato soup, 1 15oz container Ricotta cheese, 1 16oz bag shredded cheddar cheese. I "doubled" the recipe and kinda just eye-balled measurements.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the noodles until they are almost done, still a little hard. Drain and pour into a mixing bowl. Stir in the Ricotta cheese until melted and the noodles are well coated. Then do the same with the shredded cheddar. (Don't use all of the cheddar, you will want to save some to add on top after it's baked). Once the cheese is all mixed in, add the can of tomato soup and stir together. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray to keep from sticking. Pour the noodle mixture in the dish. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden on top. Sprinkle the extra shredded cheese you saved on top. Let cool before serving. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like something we would gobble up!! Thanks for the recipe.

    And congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when a recipe combines two favorites, I will definitely be saving this recipe for later!

    ReplyDelete