Jay asked me to marry him yesterday, 10/24/12!
Jay came and picked me up for lunch like we normally do, a little after 12:00. We decided since the weather has been unbelievably warm we would go have a quick picnic at a near by park, Greenfield. We go to Greenfield all the time to walk around and talk and spend some time together, so nothing seemed out of the ordinary. We stopped at Subway and got sandwiches then headed over to a quiet spot on the other side of the pond. Jay had also brought Ruger along so of course he jumped in the water. I had told Jay that I needed to be back at work by 1:30 for a meeting. We sat down on a blanket, ate and talked. He looked at his phone and said we needed to get going because I had to be back in 20 minutes. I got up and was slipping my shoes back on when Jay said, "Hey Megan." I turned around and he was still on the ground, on his knee, and he looked at me and said, "Megan, will you marry me?" I giggled and said "are you serious?!" It took a second to register that he was for real asking me to marry him! I didn't even notice he had a box in his hand with a beautiful ring inside. I then burst into tears and of course said yes! We had just been talking about wanting to get married and having to wait (which is something we always do too), and I kept telling him I know he will ask when it's right. He was sneaky and had started that conversation, and knew that was the perfect moment because I would not be expecting it all! Needless to say, I did not make it back to work in time for that meeting. By the time I did return I couldn't stop crying happy tears and everyone was very excited for me. I got my stuff together and went home for the afternoon. I had lots of phone calls to make and people to tell! Come to find out Jay had talked to my parents 2 weeks ago and asked for their permission and blessing. My parents were thrilled! He said he wanted to ask me last week but I had become sick so he decided to wait. Everything was perfect, better than I could have imagined. The proposal was very him, very us, and I loved it. My ring is gorgeous. It's everything I wanted but so much better! I am so happy, it doesn't seem real. I have dreamed of this for so long and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with this amazing man.
Congratulations!! That's wonderful, happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Deletewow congrats!!! what a sweet proposal. im very happy for you. now you need to go back and change your comment on my bacon chocolate chip cookies about baking them for your boyfriend, now fiance!
ReplyDeleteHaha I did! I've had to correct myself a couple times already! Thank you!
DeleteCongratulations!!!!!!! I am so excited for you, Megan!! I love that he caught you off guard...so sweet that way. And even better that he had already called your parents!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete