Image Map

Thursday, January 10, 2013

The day I wear white

Last Saturday... I said YES to the dress!! 
I had been to only a couple bridal shops... I found a couple I really liked but nothing I fell in love with. Last Friday I met my mom and my friend Crystal. We went to little shop some people at work told me to visit, New Fangled Bride. I tried on a few dresses and then I tried on another... it felt different. Something about it made me feel really good. But, it was too big. Wahh. The lady who owns the shop said it should be able to be altered. This made me feel better but I wasn't convinced. I was not ready to say "yes" to the dress. She gave my mom the phone number for a seamstress she recommeds. She agreed to hold the dress for me through the weekend until we could make an appointment with the seamstress. After another 15 minutes or so, I took the dress off and felt a little bummed out. My mom called the seamstress for me that night and we made an appointment for Saturday afternoon for her to meet us back at the dress shop. Saturday afternoon my mom and I went back to New Fangled Bride and met Crystal again. This time 2 of my other bridesmaids were able to come too. I put the dress back on and I could not wipe the smile off my face. The seamstress was awesome. She was so nice and listened to everything I said about how I wanted the dress to fit, and she also made suggestions as to what would be the easiest way for her to size it down. About an hour later, I looked at myself in the mirror and just started crying. I knew this was my dress. I was SO excited. I cannot wait for Jay to see me in it. I felt gorgeous and comfortable at the same time. It's so perfect. I am in love with my wedding dress! I will meet with the seamstress again in May to do my first fitting and from that she will fix my dress. I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment