Image Map

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wedding Wednesday

Woahhh!! An actual Wedding Wednesday post on a WEDNESDAY! Haha :)

Things are still coming along in the world of wedding planning. I sorta slacked off for a few weeks around Christmas/New Years/my birthday... but now I'm back in the swing of things. So much to do and so little time! {220 days!}
Last week we booked our Videographer. I am so excited to work with Mike of Michael's Video. Come to find out I know his sister! When I was in high school I was really involved with a youth retreat called Discovery. My senior year of high school I was even the Youth Coordinator for the retreat. Mike's sister was one of the adult leaders the whole time I was involved and she still is. They are an awesome family. I know he is going to do a great filming my wedding and capturing some of those special moments between me and Jay. I know Jay is excited about having a video of our ceremony, he even mentioned to me that it would be neat to be able to watch it years down the road on all of our anniversaries.
Still waiting on the proposal from the florist we are going to be working with. Since meeting with him back at the end of December, I've made some changes to what I want! Ahh! But it's all good. My mom and I (and Jay) have been thinking of different to cut some of the cost for various things. One thing in particular is flowers and centerpieces, that seems the easiest place to save some money. I found an idea on Pinterest. Oh how I love thee, and hate thee at the same time, haha. I've asked my bridesmaids to start saving soup cans for me. As we get closer to the wedding, probably into the early summer (or even before depending on how fast I collect the cans). My plan is to wrap the soup cans with rope or twine just like this. We are also going to get some fake hydrangeas to put in them. I'm still wanting to use the green and white hydrangeas. I want about 3 cans each with one giant flower, to be the center pieces. I am still going to 2 frames on each table too with a picture of us in one and a fact in the other. I think this is going to save a good chunk of change and I definitely want to do as much DIY stuff as I can. That seems more fun to me, and a little added personal touch to everything. I think these are going to look so good!
I am still collecting quotes and comparing prices for caterers. Our wedding planner is helping me a lot for this task. I just don't have time to call everywhere and ask all the right questions, so I've asked her to do it. She is wonderful! I am not stressed about anything (yet) and I think she is a huge reason. 
And some more exciting news.... our engagement announcement is going to be in this Sunday's paper!! I can't wait to show it to everyone. Here's a little preview when I was typing it up on my computer. 
Oh and I also couldn't pass up this nail polish color when I saw the name!

No comments:

Post a Comment